Interested in being part our lovely, awesome and magnificent forces? What are you waiting for? Get those fingers moving and send us a mail!
Buuuuuuuuuuuut before that, we’d like to give you some friendly tips and instructions.
1. Please use a mail address you are comfortable using, as it will be used to gain access to our drive hosting the scans you will be tasked to work with. Also, please keep in mind that only our staff is granted full access to the drive.
2. We would like you to create or use an existing G+ account to be invited to our private community (freelancers and staff only). G+ makes for the bulk of our communication with each other, be that in regard to distributing and discussing work, or just friendly chitchat with one another.
3. We set deadlines for each job, but the amount of time one has always depends on that person’s circumstances. That’s why we ask you to be honest with us and tell us how much time you think you need upfront.
4. We are offering training and help to those who are new to scanlating. We love to help newcomers, so don’t be shy!
5. All members of Canis Major are hardcore yaoi fans, so we are most definitely normal! You are in the right hands~!!
6. Also please think about it very carefully if you really want to join (and learn) and not because you’re just curious or joining half-assed since we had many members who joined but just went MIA (missing-in-action) on us. We want long-term members. If you’re just gonna go MIA without any word (cleaners and typesetters), then don’t bother to join. Please.
8. Before you apply, we would like you to take this following test. But no worries! We just want to get a quick glimpse at how you approach work, so go at it and relax. Note: That goes for you too, newcomer!
Done reading? Then let’s get to business!
JAPANESE TRANSLATORS – FOREVER OPEN (Chinese translator is closed for now)
– Translating from Japanese
/Chinese text into English.
– For Japanese, we mostly work on manga without furigana on the text so you have to able to read Kanji for applying to this position!
ENGLISH PROOFREADERS – CLOSED – Fixing grammatical errors, must be a native or those who are experienced in English grammar. (We do have a test for English proofreaders but just email us first if you’re interested.)
CLEANERS – OPEN (For now, with experience only!!!)
– Removing all text from the speech bubbles, sfx, dirt, etc.
– Level the scans, rotate, crop, re-size, cloning, re-draw, dusting, etc.
– We only work with PHOTOSHOP.
TYPESETTERS – OPEN (For now, with experience only!!!)
– Putting the translated text into the right bubbles/boxes.
– Must have a variety of knowledge when it comes to fonts and can beautify the sfx.
– Follow this guide.
EDITOR – OPEN
– Editors do both cleaning and typesetting , plus some minor editing if necessary. Previous experience is necessary.
Fill out the needed information and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Join Us (Desired Position):
Experience: (if you have)
Website/Blog: (if you have)
Reason why you want to join CM: (we’re just curious ^^)
Please take note that we mostly work on BL/Yaoi so explicit stuff/scenes are inevitable. Make sure you’re comfortable working on it!